- This event has passed.
Pub crawl chess in Almelo
August 22, 2021 @ 12:00 - 19:00€20
On Sunday August 22, there will be a pub crawl chess tournament in Almelo. In pub crawl chess, you hop from pub to pub through the centre of the city, and you play a game and drink a beer in every pub (if you want). Almelo is quite far from Eindhoven, but pub crawl chess is a really great experience, to be highly recommended. So if you have the time, it is really worth it to join! They posted the following information on their website:
On Sunday August 22 2021, the 5th edition of the Almelo pub crawl chess tournament will take place. This is a special edition, because apart from the lustrum of the pub crawl chess tournament, Schaakvereniging Almelo also celebrates its 90th anniversary!
Some general information:
- There will be 7 rounds with time control of 15 minutes per player per match
- Pairings are made according to the Swiss pairing system
- Pairings are published using Stickchess, so take your smartphone with you!
- Prize fund:
1st place €300,-; 2nd place €200,-; 3rd place €100,-
Rating prizes of €75,- , €50,-, €25,-
Also, there will be several bonus prizes!
- Afterwards, you can have dinner at the Irish Pub the Shamrock for the special price of €10,- (only plates selected by the bar)
- The tournament will proceed in case of a minimum of 25 teams. The organisations preserves its right to cancel the tournament in case of less participants.
Registration can be done both individually or in teams on www.schaakverenigingalmelo.nl and it costs €20,- per team.
We cannot guarantee participation in case of an individual registration. For any questions, please contact Yannic Husers (y.).
You can register at https://www.schaakverenigingalmelo.nl/kroegloper/aanmelden/ .
To load the activities calendar in the Google Calendar app on your phone; after subscribing to the calendar go to “Settings” in the Google Calendar app. Then select the agenda of Noesis activities and switch on “Synchronizing”. This should load the activities in your Google Calendar app!
To subscribe to the calendar in Outlook; on your laptop/pc, select the iCalendar subscribe option, click “Open Pick an app” and then select to open with Outlook. This should load the activities in your Outlook agenda!